I read a blog post today, entitled “10-things-want-parents-vaccinate-kids-know” and I felt the need to respond.
1.Most of the time the diseases we vaccinate for are very mild and unlike vaccine injury, they last only a short time. This is not true. Back when vaccine-preventable diseases were common, disease injury was common. 30% of measles patients suffer complications and many require hospitalization. Some of those will be permanently injured. Back when nearly all children got measles, this mean thousands suffered injury every year. Polio was also very bad in the 1950s. “In 1952 alone, nearly 60,000 children were infected with the virus; thousands were paralyzed, and more than 3,000 died. Hospitals set up special units with iron lung machines to keep polio victims alive. Rich kids as well as poor were left paralyzed.” source Before the hepatitis V vaccine was recommended for all children in 1994, 30% of infected adults had no risk factors and 10,000, of children under age 10 were found to have Hepatitis B yearly. source
I could go on but, no, these diseases were not mild for everyone and yes they did cause permanent injury.
2. Even if you choose to vaccinate, please please make yourselves aware of the adverse events that can occur. Yes, by all means, check the vaccine information sheets. If you read the vaccine inserts, be sure to be aware that they do not list side effects. Inserts list adverse events reported during the clinical trials without regard to causation. There is always more to read than inserts. Vaccine information sheets list actual, proven side effects.
3. If you are really are worried about viruses and bacteria, you might want to also read about vaccine ingredients. Sure, by all means ask questions about vaccine ingredients. But, know that the dose makes the poison and nothing in vaccines is toxic. MSDS are not helpful, as they refer to pure mercury and pure aluminun, neither of which are in vaccines. Antivaxers will refer to the limit for aluminum in IV feeding but that is not a helpful thing to read because vaccines are not TPN feeding. The Children’s Hospital of Philadephia has great resources on vaccine ingredients. Remember, the dose makes the poison.
4. Your children will be shedding their live virus vaccines (this includes the measles and chickenpox vaccine) after their shots. Just big fat no. Here is a great article for you to read about why vaccine shedding is theoretically, but not actually, possible. Measles and chicken pox rates are down. Because shedding is myth.
5. The Mawson study of vaccinated vs unvaccinated children, found significantly higher rates of autism, allergies, ear infections, learning disabilities and chronic diseases in those vaccinated to the schedule. The Mawson study is completely invalid. Don’t just read my take. Read all the links.
6. Vaccines are far from perfect… but there is not a huge failure rate. Many vaccines have 95% or greater efficacy. Measles vaccine, for example, is 99% effective for life after two shots. Rubella vax is 95% effective for life. Tetanus vaccine is nearly 100% effective but only for ten years. You can find all the efficacy rates here.
7. If you are worried about where to get good and unbiased information from. Look at vaccine inserts, VAERs reports, studies that aren’t funded by pharma companies, and most importantly, parents of vaccine injured children. By all means, look at VAERS reports but understand that nothing about them is valid. They are not valid because no medical information has been analyzed to confirm those reports. Also, most vaccine studies are NOT pharma funded, so using pubmed, you should be easily able to find many studies to read. International scientific consensus will show to you that vaccines have far greater benefits than risks. Finally, parents are not great resources. We are not medical experts. For example, if you read the Brian Hooker vaccine injury claim, you will see how one parent, even one with a PHd in a science-field, can make mistakes and miss early warning signs.
8. The people trying to convince you not to vaccinate have only one motivation, and that is to prevent more suffering, because they have either witnessed it first hand in their own family or know someone who has. Okay, moving past the bad grammar in that sentence, which pains me, the reality is that there are people who have been duped by others into believing everything under the sun is a vaccine injury. And, those doing the duping are shysters and snake oil salesmen and women. They call themselves “experts” but they are really selling you products in lieu of modern medicine. Be wary. Science should verify the validity and reliability of data. Shysters do not.
9. In the time you have spent reading this, more children have been damaged by vaccines, because they believed what Doctors and the government told them. In reality, 5482 vaccine injury claims have been compensated in the last 30 years. 2,845,946,816 doses of vaccines have been given out in that 30 years. That means that vaccine injury rate is 0.00000195%. That is incredibly rare.
10. It’s not too late to change your mind. I agree. It is never too late to vaccinate.
Remember to always think of yourself and verify your claims using valid science.
All vaccine infographics come from here